Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Flight of Stars

Our life is ruled by accidents and chances
And common sense cannot befriend your ways
Your stars have constancy and shine, they know the answers
And that is why they are so far away!

Gulnara Karimova
 
     In my back patio, I see the colors of the sky, so bright and blue, fading away under the golden hues of the setting sun. The puffy white clouds reflect the sun’s golden rays, which contrast so sharply with the sky’s deepening crystal blue. I see the sun reflected away from the leaves of the trees. The tree has little leaves, like those of a fern. I admit that I do not know the scientific name of the tree, I call it the tree in my backyard. What is important is that among the shadows which are lengthening by the moment, the fading sun’s rays, still reflect the beauty of nature. I feel overwhelmed.
     I remember yesterday reflected in the golden rays. The deepening twilight mirrors my life as it passes into the night. There is no pain but rather warmth despite the chill of the evening, which reflects the warmth of my youth.
    The future that remains, and what may happen afterwards, is now reflected in the sparkling stars of the night. A star here, a star there... stars, stars, stars. I have often thought that life is like the night sky. There is the gloom of everyday life, yet there are moments that shine so bright. Every little star reflects a moment in our lives, a bright shining moment which illuminates the gloom of everyday life... and makes life worth living. 
 
"Cast away sadness and melancholy. Life is nice, it has  few days and only we have now to enjoy it."
 
Federico García Lorca
 
"Let us see how high we can fly before the sun melts the wax in our wings"  Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
"I accept the flight and the fall." Gulnara Karimova 
 
Yet, before the fall, what a flight it shall be...
Homeless with a Laptop, That is my Name, navigator
Бездомные с ноутбуком, это мое имя, штурман

No comments:

Post a Comment