Saturday, September 14, 2013

To a Spherical Life...


“When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. But when I became a man, I set aside childish ways.”  1 Corinthians 13:11

“We are tied, all our days and for the greater part of our days, to the commonplace.  That is where contact with great thinkers, great literature helps.  In their company we are still in the ordinary world, but it is the ordinary world transfigured and seen through the eyes of wisdom and genius.  And some of their vision becomes our own.”  Robert Maynard Hutchins

One of my favorite books is ‘Great Expectations’ by Charles Dickens.  I admit that when I first started to read it, I almost put it down because it seemed a bit childish… yet the language and the spirit of the book appealed to me.  I love the book now because out of the seeming commonplace, the world is transformed … and I become a part of it.

Sunrays light up greeny tops of the alley
Vigorous puffs blow all over your face
The soul of yours makes a shot through the air
Cherishing out all sounds and smells

Floating over mysterious clouds
Trying to touch some unreachable heights
Breathing it over amazed and astounded
Leaving all daily requirements behind

Getting your mind and your body united
Grasping upon something really immense
Taking a gulp of enchanting and boundless
Listening in to inexplicable bells.
By:  Gulnara Karimova

I’m fascinated by the stars; I love to walk on a dark night and look at the stars.  My favorite constellation is the Big Dipper... seven stars equal the seven letters of each on my names: I was born on 21 May... I straddle Taurus and Gemini but I’m a Gemini in most charts … I sit on my magic carpet and fly away into the dark of space, towards any galaxy or star that I wish.  The laws of physics do not chain me… take that Einstein.  In my magic carpet, there are no bounds.  The music undulates as the carpet flies into the stars and I sit in wonderment and joy… No limits…  No limits… The road leads on forever…

A dreamy silence told me
That we bypassed the sun
And understood the heaven…
Alas, it is undone
By:  Gulnara Karimova

How many times have you travelled the same road home? Work? Life?  Think of it.  Everyday on the same road.  Yet today when I travelled on a different road, a truck overturned in the middle of it.  Traffic was at a standstill.  Perhaps repetition has a quality and a reason of its own. 

When desiring spring oftentimes
Skies meet autumn without any reason
It's so hard to conceive space of love
And to measure forlorness of seasons
Every day is a step in your life
Every blink is eternal in value
And your soul should truly apply
All your feelings to pass through the valley
It's the valley of promising drives
It's the valley of endless surprises
It's the valley of terminal love
It's the valley of our blunders.
By:  Gulnara Karimova

They say time cannot be bought. But I say time does not matter if it ever did. I agree with Vincent Van Gogh’s observation:

“At one time the earth was supposed to be flat.  Well, so it is, even today from Paris to Asnières.  But that fact doesn’t prevent science from proving that the earth as a whole is spherical.  No one nowadays denies it.  Well… we are still at the state of believing that life itself it flat, the distance from birth to death.  Yet the probability is that life, too, is spherical and much more extensive and capacious than the hemisphere that we know.”

I feel the call in my heart… my soul... I feel the wind on my face… I am no longer chained to a rock like Prometheus… No, I feel like Prometheus unchained!  The rebirth of life is seen in the bud of a redwood tree: young, small, tender; a sapling which will grow into a majestic redwood tree.  That is among the greatest laws of nature, the survival of the weakest. 

A child who does not play is not a child, but the man who doesn't play has lost forever the child who lived in him and who he will miss terribly.  Pablo Neruda

Here’s to the spherical life… 



By:      Homeless with a Laptop, That is my Name
Бездомные с ноутбуком, это мое имя

No comments:

Post a Comment