Saturday, January 18, 2014

I dreamed of you last night

I dreamed of you last night, Kara.  I saw you walking in a red dress and looking at me…
Remember when you became angry and I laughed.  You asked:  “Are you laughing because I’m angry?”  When I said yes, you also started laughing and said “Don’t make me laugh when I’m angry”… 
Remember when we loved…
Remember when I told that I had reached the end… you told me: “Don’t I get a say in this?”  Then you said…  “Teach me how to let go.”  How could I teach you what I still don’t know… Yet I remember the poem you sent me… Love is two souls in one body…
In a mirror
There is a stranger
Who claims to be me.
“You are not me” said I.
The stranger said nothing
I cannot trust mirrors or pictures.
So I dream of you, Kara mía… I hope that you live a happy life… and that sometimes you think or perhaps dream of a very stupid and solitary man …
As I reflect of my dream of you I remember the words of Federico García Lorca’s sad poem:  “I sing of [your] elegance with words that groan, and I remember a sad breeze through the olive trees.”

By: Homeless with a Laptop, that is my Name


No comments:

Post a Comment